Wednesday, November 14, 2012

crawled off to sleep in the bath
 

Taking a bath in my mind today, it feels like I'm stewing in my own filth. My hands and feet are beginning to prune, and my brain is starting to show signs of aging with all its wrinkles. It's the kind of day where you want to wash away your old habits, old ways of thinking, and cleanse from the inside out. Reminiscing on my days as a child, my mother would lovingly bear the weight of my thoughts. With ease, she poured a cup over my head, and a joyous release of stress would roll off my shoulders. I sit here now, as my soul continues to hold my brain afloat, keeping me from drowning in my own thoughts, and reminding me as to who's really in charge. Unplug the tub, and all my worries begin to spiral down the drain.

<3,
A



No comments:

Post a Comment